Solar Buddies is a fun, innovative product that will help you and your kids make sure their skin is covered with sunscreen to protect them from harmful UV. It’s simple to fill and simple to use, making your trips to the beach, or park, holidays at home or abroad and even the school run, much more pleasant. We know sun safety is a top priority for parents, and it’s great to know that Solar Buddies are here to protect as well as help to educate your children about sun safety.
The Solar Buddies applicator is a refillable, sunscreen applicator, offering less mess and no waste, as well as promoting sun safety. Each applicator has an easy to hold fillable handle which holds the sunscreen and a rollerball and sponge applicator.
The Solar Buddies applicator will arrive empty, so here’s how to fill and use it:
- Simply unscrew the handle (that’s the orange part – you can turn it upside down and rest it on the Solar Buddies container for ease).
- Fill your Solar Buddies applicator with 100ml of your chosen sunscreen (we recommend using an alcohol-free product).
- Replace the handle and tap down to make sure the sunscreen flows down to the applicator (blue) end.
To apply sunscreen
- Remove the cap (that’s the blue part).
- Hold the handle and gently rub on skin (the sun cream will flow out through the rollerball).
- Replace the cap.
To replace the sponge (for best results, replace the sponge when the applicator is empty)
- Simply unscrew the handle.
- The head is recyclable, so give it a wash and pop into your recycling bin.
- Fill your Solar Buddies applicator with your favourite sunscreen.
- Attach the replacement head and sponge
- Replace the cap and you’re ready.
We know you will want to get the best out of your Solar Buddies Sunscreen applicator. Here’s our tips for how to care for your sunscreen applicator;
- The applicator allows children to apply their own sunscreen, teaching them about sun safety, as well as independence.
- We recommend that each Solar Buddy is only used by one person, even amongst siblings, for hygiene reasons.
- The applicator can be used by children, but we recommend adult supervision to ensure appropriate coverage and therefore sun protection for your little ones.
- The choice of sun protection to use in Solar Buddies is up to you, but we recommend using an alcohol free product.
- Be sure to clean and dry your Solar Buddy and the sponge unit regularly to keep it fresh and maintain its lifespan.
- Replace the sponge every 2-3 months, if in constant use.
- Be careful not to leave your Solar Buddy in direct sunlight, especially in heat over 30C.
- Avoid getting sand in the unit, especially on the roller ball or sponge.
- Please note: sunscreen not included.