Sunsense Kids SPF 50+ 125ml lotion is a light formula that offers very high protection from the sun, especially formulated for the sensitive skin of children over 6 months old. Since 2018, Sunsense Kids SPF 50+ 125ml also contains Vitamin B3, which is an additional ingredient to protect against sun damage.
The formula offers 95-99% protection against UVA rays. Sunsense Kids SPF 50+ 125ml lotion has been formulated and tested to meet the Australian suncare Standards, which are more rigorous than the UK/EU standards. Many of our team use this product on their own kids.
How to apply:
We know that it can be tricky to apply sunscreen to wriggly kids, which is great that this product is easy to apply. When you’re ready to apply, follow these guidelines:
- Apply Sunsense Kids SPF 50+ 125ml at least 15 minutes before heading out into the sunlight.
- Be sure to reapply every 2 hours.
- Reapply after swimming, sweating and towelling.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
You may also be interested in a smaller travel sized bottle of this product, the 50ml roll-on.
Tips for keeping your kids safe in the sun:
We have a few tips for helping you keep your kids safe in the sun, whilst also teaching them sun safety:
- Make sure you apply the appropriate amount of sun lotion to their skin. For full body application:
- 2 tsp (approx.) for an average size 2 year old
- 3 tsp (approx.) for an average size 5 year old
- 4 tsp (approx.) for an average size 9 year old
- 5 tsp (approx.) for an average size 13 year old
- 6 tsp (approx.) for an average size adult
- Always seek shade in the hours of strongest UV. Typically between 11am-3pm.
- For kids playing in the sun a UV suit and UV sun hat is a great way to keep their skin protected.
- Remember to apply sun protection daily during peak UV season, even on cloudy days.
What’s in Sunsense Kids Sun Protection:
Don’t be confused by the ingredients in sun protection. We’ve listed out some of the key chemical and physical UV filters you will be interested in:
- Niacinamide – this is the Vitamin B3 ingredient.
- Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine.
- Diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate.
- Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (octinoxate).
- Ethylhexyl salicylate.
- Titanium dioxide.