Sunsense Kids Roll-On SPF 50+ 50ml is a light formula that offers very high protection from the sun, especially formulated for the sensitive skin of children over 6 months old. Since 2018, Sunsense Kids SPF roll-on 50+ 50ml also contains Vitamin B3, which is an additional ingredient to protect against sun damage.
The formula offers 95-99% protection against UVA rays. Sunsense Kids roll-on SPF 50+ 50ml has been formulated and tested to meet the Australian suncare Standards, which are more rigorous than the UK/EU standards. Many of our team use this product on their own kids.
How to apply:
We know that it can be tricky to apply sun protection to wriggly kids, which is great that this product is easy to apply. When you’re ready to apply, follow these guidelines:
- Apply Sunsense Kids roll-on SPF 50+ at least 15 minutes before heading out into the sunlight.
- Be sure to reapply every 2 hours.
- Reapply after swimming, sweating and towelling.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
You may also be interested in a slightly larger bottle of this product, the 125ml lotion.
Tips for keeping your kids safe in the sun:
We have a few tips for helping you keep your kids safe in the sun, whilst also teaching them sun safety:
- Make sure you apply the appropriate amount of sun lotion to their skin. For full body application:
- 2 tsp (approx.) for an average size 2 year old
- 3 tsp (approx.) for an average size 5 year old
- 4 tsp (approx.) for an average size 9 year old
- 5 tsp (approx.) for an average size 13 year old
- 6 tsp (approx.) for an average size adult
- Always seek shade between 11am-3pm, when the UV rays are strongest.
- For kids playing in the sun a UV suit and UV sun hat is a great way to keep their skin protected.
- Remember to apply sun protection daily during peak UV season, even on cloudy days.
What’s in Sunsense Kids Sun Protection:
Don’t be confused by the ingredients in sun protection. We’ve listed out some of the key chemical and physical UV filters you will be interested in:
- Niacinamide – this is the Vitamin B3 ingredient.
- Butyl methoxy dibenzoylmethane (avobenzone)
- Benzophenone-3 (oxybenzone).
- Ethylhexyl triazone.
- Titanium dioxide (and) Aluminium stearate